dream center IN INTAG
The cooperative of women El Rosal in the Intag Valley was founded in 2004 with the objective to use the available natural resources of the region in a sustainable way and to generate an alternative revenue for the families of the community.
MINIMUM 2 WEEKS
basic SPANISH NEEDED
+18 YEARS OLD
In intag, ecuador
Another alternative to mining is the production of coffee. With a focus on sustainability the coffee producers work organically and re- use their resources as much as possible. Their vision is to reach a sustainable and equitable business model that provides high quality natural products and contributes to the protection of the environment and human well-being.
What is included?
- Project donation
- Orientation meeting
- Local support volunteer coordinator
- 13 nights Accommodation in a homestay
- 3 meals per day (special diets on request)
What is NOT included?
- Snacks and personal expenses
- Transport to Intag Valley
- Medical insurance (mandatory to confirm the reservation)
What to consider…
- Projects starts on Mondays.
- Available all year round
- Longer stays are possible
- Poor WiFi
- Basic Spanish is needed
- Maximum of 10 volunteers
- There is no ATM at the village, so bring some cash
Volunteers need to be disciplined, responsible, self-motivated, hardworking, flexible, patient, pro-active
May to September
• Collecting beans
• Washing and fermenting process
• Drying, selection & production of coffee (Coffee tea & Organic coffee supplies)
October to April
• Maintenance of coffee
• Preparation of organic fertilizers
Organic cosmetic products:
• Collecting Aloe de Vera
• Cutting, mixing and boiling the ingredients
• Preparation and packaging of organic products such as soaps, creams, shampoo, etc.
• Cleaning and cooking
• Harvest of fruits and vegetables is available all year, depending on the plants
• Tilapia care
A TYPICAL SCHEDULE
AS A VOLUNTEER
Here you will have an orientation meeting where general information about the culture, the community and the activities during the following days will be given. We will also talk about expectations and how your talents and passion can contribute to the project and a positive impact both on you and the project.
Now is time to work… understand that not all the days will be the same and your activities will be defined depending on the season and the daily needs. We count on your flexibility.
During the week you will be working from 8am to 5pm from Monday to Friday. At midday, we will break for lunch served at the project. This is a great opportunity for you to get to know the people of the community.
In the afternoon, you will continue with your duties until around 5pm.
Your coordinator will indicate you where you will be most needed.
Weekends are free and for you to enjoy the incredible natural surroundings.
WHAT TO DO IN
YOUR FREE TIME
Close to Bogota you will find a lot of nature; cascading waterfalls, emerald mines, lush tropical forests and Andean peaks to climb. There is a lot to do for the explorers.
There are also shared social areas and limited Wi-Fi.
about intag valley
Intag borders the Cotacatchi Cayapas Ecological Reserve, internationally recognized for its ecological importance.
Intag is located north of Quito and west from Otavalo. It takes about 5 to 6 hours in a bus to reach Intag from Quito. Temperatures range from 23°C to 30°C in a mild tropical climate. Summer months run from June to September.