LEARNING SPANISHIN BAÑOS
In Beautiful Baños we offer Spanish classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced students. Our classes will be given by our own Alexander, who will give the classes while you will stay with his family. Alexander is a trained teacher and tourism guide.
Joining our Spanish classes will enable you to gain a true local insight into the Ecuadorian culture and traditions since you will be equipped with the necessary vocabulary and grammar to be able to communicate in Spanish.
Our program is aimed to be a full immersive experience.
MINIMUM 1 WEEK
no SPANISH NEEDED
+18 YEARS OLD
Nightlife is a must in Baños with a street prepared to cater to every music taste and with novelty drinks inspired by the nature around or local legends.
things to consider
What is included?
- Administration fee
- Orientation meeting
- Local support volunteer coordinator
- 7 night accommodation in a homestay
- 20 hour classes per week (standard course)
- Class material
- 2 tours (Half day bike tour & Half day canopy tour)
What is NOT included?
- Personal expenses
- Transportation from and to the airport/bus station
- Medical insurance (mandatory to confirm the reservation).
What to consider…
- Classes begin every Mondays. Students should arrive in Baños at the latest on Sunday
- Available all year round, except last week of December and first week of January)
- 4 hours per day, Monday to Friday except public holidays.
- Programs from 1 to 12 weeks
- Small Classes (max 2 to 6 people)
- Intensive course or private classes upon request
- You will take an entry test to determine your level
A NORMAL DAY
On Monday you will head to the school, which is walking distance from your homestay. You will be received there; you will meet your teachers and companions and you will start this fun learning process. Your classes are scheduled 4 hours a day from Monday to Friday. During the week you will also some have extra-curricular activities, these could be Yoga, Latin dance classes or Cooking classes and will be organized according to the school’s schedule.
Local homestay accommodation includes breakfast. You can use the laundry and kitchen upon request.
There is WiFi, but expect it to be poor. All students are guaranteed a private bedroom, a key to their bedroom, a key to the front door of the house, and a quiet place to study. The bathroom is shared.
WHAT TO DO IN
YOUR FREE TIME
Some of your options are:
• The Casa del Arbol, swing from a tree over an epic cliff
• Visit the spectacular waterfall “Pailón del Diablo”
• Relax in the natural thermal baths and hot springs
• White Water Rafting
• Zip lining and obstacle course
• Hanging bridges
• Explore on bikes, rent a quad or small jeeps – anything goes!